We are always interested in hearing from talented people who love engaging the community. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief cover letter detailing your work communicating with the public, writing, and supporting client accounts, as well as any relevant interest in the client base at Stepherson & Associates.
Stepherson & Associates is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Experienced Outreach and Communications Specialist
Looking to make a difference in your community? Want to be part of a fun, dynamic, collaborative work environment?
Stepherson & Associates Communications (S&A) is seeking an experienced public involvement specialist with a background in consulting and project management to join our team.
5+ years of experience in public relations, communications, community outreach, or related work, including 3+ years account/project management experience
- Experience working with public agencies, preferably the City of Seattle, King County, Washington State, Sound Transit and/or local municipalities
- Experience managing projects, clients, and teams
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical information and concepts
- Experience implementing public engagement on infrastructure project(s) in the transportation, water, parks, energy, environmental, and/or land use sectors
- Experience working for a public relations or communications consulting firm
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings and make presentations
- Ability to engage diverse populations
- Comfort working on high-profile and sometimes controversial issues and/or projects
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate
- Strong relationship-building and listening skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Journalism, English, Communications, Political Science, or related field
Manage and grow client relationships
- Partner with clients to understand organizational and public engagement objectives
- Develop and manage scopes of work and budgets
- Report to clients on account activities
- Lead client meetings, deliver presentations, and facilitate client discussions
- Participate in business development activities such as identifying new project teaming opportunities, drafting proposals, participating in interviews, and conducting outreach to prospective clients
- Develop and communicate roles and responsibilities for project team members
- Develop and manage internal work plans
- Delegate work and supervise its execution
- Plan and continually update team members’ projected time allocation
- Manage workloads
- Oversee development of team members’ skills and expertise
Support client communications efforts
- Develop and execute comprehensive public engagement plans and strategies
- Develop communications materials
- Plan, implement and report on events
- Manage website content
- Serve as point of contact for community/stakeholder inquiries and concerns
- Conduct outreach to and facilitate meetings with project area stakeholders
- Coordinate social media and media presence
S&A offers salary commensurate with experience and competitive benefits that include health coverage (medical, dental, vision); retirement plan with company match; transit pass; short- and long-term disability coverage; maternity coverage; paid vacation, sick, and volunteer days; holiday pay; and free on-site fitness center.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Work samples are encouraged.